Thursday 10 April 2008

Mull Historical Society - Asylum

A bit of vintage Mull Historical Society here. I was reading about Mehdi Kazemi again (more info below). I don't know of any songs actually about asylum seekers, though it seems to me that there's a rich topic for exploring there. Anyway, simple minded as I am, I typed Asylum into my iTunes and came up with this song. The lyrics don't have anything to do with asylum seekers but it's a wonderful, and dignified, song about what is euphemistically referred to as mental health issues. and it made me remember how much I loved Mull Historical Society. MHS was Colin McIntyre's performing name; now he just wants to be known as Colin McIntyre. Good luck to him but I'm not impressed with his new material at all.. Sorry Colin!

Mull Historical Society - Asylum

Medhi Kazemi is a 19 year old Iranian gay male at risk of being deported back to Iran by the UK Home Office to an almost certain death (his boyfriend was executed less than a year ago while Medhi was in the UK studying at university). Click to read more and maybe send a few emails.

No comments: