Sunday 30 March 2008

Seabear - I Sing I Swim


Yey! A jingly-jangly Icelandic band with strummy guitars and a rippling piano and clinky glockenspiels and evocative lyrics! Ideal for a sunny March day when it's cold but beautiful outside and you're sitting nice and warm up against a radiator by the window watching spring unfurl. Originally a one-man project by Sindri Sigfússon, Seabear released an EP - which can be downloaded in full for free on the website, got 6 more members ("and there will be no more!" says Sindri), and released The Ghost That Carried Us Away on Morr in 2007. Here are the rather lovely lyrics of the opening verse of this song, "I Sing, I Swim":

When the birds are sleeping
That's when the trees sing
You left your winter clothes,
And your teeth marks in my skin

Seabear - I Sing I Swim

----------------
Now playing: David Bowie - Bring Me The Disco King

No comments: