Saturday 24 May 2008

I'M BACK BABY

22 days later I have got myself a new external harddrive and am hard at work uploading all my favourite CDs - a process that took about a week last time. What fun!

Here's a bonus bunch of absolute stonkers to welcome y'all back. The first is a track by New York anti-folk singer Dawn Landes. I'm never sure what anti-folk is supposed to me. I mean either it's folk or it's not. "Anti" doesn't really make much sense in this context. Wouldn't "New Folk" or "Different Folk" or "Young Folk" be better? Anyway here it is.

Dawn Landes - Picture Show

Here's a lovely track by one Mr Dave Brubeck that popped up fairly randomly on my chunes player and I will share accordingly.

Dave Brubeck - Trolley Song

Finally, here's what is pretty much my favourite Pulp track of all time, and definitely up there in my list of all time favourite songs. It's Sunrise from their final album and it builds to two of the best climaxes ever in music. Problem with the superlative?? Well, I say to you, "NER".

Pulp - Sunrise

No comments: