Monday 7 April 2008

Skins soundtrack bits

Class episode of Skins last night - even if it doesn't make a metric tonne of sense. Here are three excellent tracks taken from the episode.

I especially loved the disco dancing teachers and hence I'm posting the wonderful 80s disco track they were wigging out (haha) to...



Lipps Inc - Funky Town

Later in the episode Cassie ran off to New York, met up with a guy called Adam, and went out to a club where a Canadian band called Born Ruffians were playing. I think this is the track they were playing but I may be wrong. They're touring in the UK in May and, based what I saw on Skins, they look awesome.

Born Ruffians - Hummingbird

More below...



The final track was the one at the close of the episode. Beautiful piano. I knew I'd heard it before but, not being a regular listener of Radios 1 & 2, didn't know what it was until Adele's album advert played in the break before the next programme. It was the first single and is the final track on her album 19, which was released back in January.

Adele - Hometown Glory

P.S. Here's a link to a relatively interesting, if a little old, Culture Sluts article about Skins, it's musical links to "New Rave" and its part in the downfall of youth..

----------------
Now playing: Britten: Rejoice In The Lamb - For I Am Under The Same Accusation With My Saviour

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loooove you for doing a skins post--i haven't seen this episode yet!
-aliah