Tuesday 15 April 2008

Tom McRae - I Ain't Scared Of Lightning

Last nights Skins was awesome and I was particularly struck by the acoustic track playing at one point, which turned out to be I Ain't Scared Of Lightning by Tom McRae. I remember my friend Sam being obsessed with Tom McRae back in 2000 when his self-titled debut album, which this track closes, was released. I bought and enjoyed Just Like Blood, his second album, when it came two years later but I hadn't heard anything from him since. Apparently he's released two further albums, the most recent being 2007s King Of Cards. He's touring the UK this month. I need to pay more attention in class.


I aint scared of lightning
Come on and do your worst
If they gave degrees
For cheating destiny
Then man
I got a first

No I aint scared of lightning
It's the same old empty threat
I've been standing proud
Beneath the gathering cloud
And man
I ain't dead yet
No I ain't scared of lightning
And thunder never killed
I was born in a summer storm
I live there still
Yeah I was born in a summer storm
I live there still

Tom McRae - I Ain't Scared Of Lightning

----------------
Now playing: Tom Petty - Free Fallin'

No comments: