Friday 18 July 2008

Hot Seconds - Went To India

Hot Seconds release their new album tomorrow. Here's track 4; a magnificently sneery look at indie people, possibly including a bit of caustic self analysis, given that James Love (who I think writes most, if not all, of the lyrics) is actually born in the UK (see the last line of the first verse - lyrics below). The bass line to this song is awesome, proper stonking awesome. It's so stonking you could build a castle on it. No, I'm not quite sure what I mean either but bear with me.

If you like this (and I think you will, people of the internet), you can stream the whole album at http://www.hotseconds.net/music/.

Hot Seconds - Went To India

I went to India to find myself
I'm so spiritual - can't you tell?
Square pegs, round holes, not a problem for me
I'm Silver Surfer, Wolverine and the Fantastic Three
I'm so cool man, I live rock and roll
I dress retro and I walk with soul
I'm so broke that I could just give in
I was born in Suffolk county but I say Brooklyn

You live your life so fast
You're so cool
You live your life on the edge
You break the rules
Your life is better than ours
You're gonna fly out to Mars
And be a star in the stars

I just got up does my hair look ok?
I've got a guitar but I don't know how to play
I'm so in it will soon open wide
I live in Scarsdale but I say Lower East Side
You know I'm tortured, would you like to buy a poem?
But it's not my best work here than I'm showing you
I know that band and I can dig
But I stopped listening to them when they got big

No comments: