Tuesday 15 July 2008

Ida Maria - I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked

This song is so damn good. I'm posting it now because I know in a week I'll have heard it a billion times and will be wishing only I knew about it (it's on the A-list at Radio 1, which means it's going to be totally unavoidable for the rest of the summer). There's nothing like overexposure to something you love to weaken the emotion. Oh well. We're making the most of the moment. And in the moment this song is undeniably fantastic.

I should explain: for those of you reading this who aren't from the UK or Scandinavia, Ida Maria is going to be big. She's been tipped for success for a while, but passed me by. I'm now joining the SS Ida Maria, but everyone else has got there before me and there's nowhere to sit but in the lifeboat.

Ida Maria is from Mesnay in Norway. She released her debut album, Fortress Around My Heart, back in May. She's got a few upcoming gigs in the UK and Scandinavia this month.

Ida Maria - I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked

----------------
Now playing: Semisonic - Act Naturally

No comments: