Wednesday 16 July 2008

Jaguar Farm - Land of a 1000 Lakes

Here's a proper bit of mental for a Wednesday (after all, let us not forget, children, that Wednesday is Mental day). Jaguar Farm is Alexander Ladrola from Los Angeles. He writes quirky electronic shoegazey electro pop WHICH IS WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS PEOPLE. I'm really keen on this Land Of 1000 Lakes track though I have literally no idea what to make of it. It starts off sounding pretty cool with some piano chords and then in comes this crazy assed vocal and then it just cuts out at around 55 seconds with no warning. It sounds like the offspring of a bad trip.

Just checked the old last.fm machine and he's only got 108 recorded plays - let us venture forth and double it, my friends! I'm gonna post two tracks, just cause I'm nice. Autobus is the second track, an awesome whirry clicky instrumental.

Jaguar Farm - Land of a 1000 Lakes

Jaguar Farm - Autobus

No comments: